Fingerprinting is currently being done at the Mountlake Terrace Police Department by appointment only. Police Staff will contact you to schedule your appointment. If it is urgent that you are fingerprinted, please call 425-670-8260 during regular business hours. Fingerprinting for Concealed Pistol Licenses can only be done for residents of Mountlake Terrace. Residents and non-residents are welcome for all other fingerprinting.
The cost for fingerprinting is $15.00 for the first card, and $7.50 for each card thereafter, per person.
Concealed Weapons Permit
- You must be a resident of Mountlake Terrace.
- You must present valid photo ID with your current address.
- Payment may be made with cash, check or VISA/MasterCard Credit or debit cards.
- You must be eligible by State Law.
- CPL Laminating is available for a fee of $3.00.
- You may renew your CPL up to 90 days prior to the expiration date for a $32.00 fee.
- Late Renewals up to 90 days past the expiration date will require a late renewal fee of $42.00.
- Past the 90 day expiration date will require fingerprints to be taken.
Armed Forces Renewal - Out of State Deployment
Currently deployed members of the Armed Forces, including the National Guard and Armed Forces Reserves, who are deployed out of state, can renew their concealed pistol license by mail. This can be done up to 90 days before or up to 90 days after the expiration of the existing concealed pistol license. The fee for this type of renewal is $32. A late fee of $10 is applied if the license is expired, making the total fee $42. The license by mail is only valid for a period of one year from the expiration date of your current license.
To renew the Concealed Pistol License by mail, send:
• a completed application form, and
• a copy of your original order, designating the period of deployment, and
• a check payable to the City of Mountlake Terrace for the renewal fee, and late fee applicable,
To: Mountlake Terrace Police Department
5906 232nd St SW
Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
The law also allows for members of the Armed Forces to renew their license within 90 days of the expiration without paying a late fee if they were deployed but have since returned to the state. A copy of the original deployment order is required, a copy reassignment back to the State of Washington is optional. In this case, the late fee is waived and the standard renewal fee of $32 applies.