Public Records

Police Department Public Records Request

You may use this form to request to view or obtain a copy of a record from the Records Custodian in-person, by mail or electronically. View the Records Request webpage for more information. 

Per RCW 42.56.520, you will receive a response within five business days. The response will be:

  • A copy of the record; or
  • A request for clarification; or
  • Acknowledging receipt of the request and estimate the time required to complete it; or
  • A denial of the request with the specific reason per RCW that it is being withheld; or
  • Information of an alternate location where the records may be obtained.

You may request paper copies, a disk or electronic version of your records. Fees may apply.

Copy of a Police Report

A copy of a Police Report follows the same guidelines as a Public Records Request.

Copy of an Accident Report

Accident reports may be obtained through Crashlogic website for a service fee of $16.00 per report.

Accident reports for collisions that occurred on or after May 16th, 2018 may be obtained through CrashDocs website for a service fee of $10.00 per report. Reports are generally available within 24-48 business hours.

You may also request a copy of an Accident Report at the Police Department for a fee of $10.00.

Criminal History Checks

You may contact the Washington State Patrol WATCH program to obtain criminal history information. The Police Department does not give out criminal history information.

Warrant Information

If you are inquiring about a warrant, you must contact the court that would have issued the warrant. The Police Department does not give out information on outstanding warrants.

Mountlake Terrace Police badge